The main differences are:
GSH is fully open only for the club members. This means that the RP between non-members (players with yellow GS Titler) is not allowed in the club, except cases when playes have personal permition from GSH staff. Visitors/preys can play here only with club members, should be escorted by club member all the time they are out of the villa lobby area or outside prey cells. After the game, or if the members logged/tp out a guest should return to the lobby or to the cage. GSH club members can't be forced to the game by Visitor and are playing with Visitors by own will.
Any prey can take a part in the Hunt as a Victim, but only members are allowed to be Hunters.
I think we will finally change the zone at this weekend.
11/08/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here is my issue with the rule changes. I for one consider myself a pretty decent RP...I've been in SL for over 4 years and have played everything from straight BDSM to Gorean to Furry to Mythological animals.
ReplyDeleteNow I do not visit the House of Glass and stone often, but I do enjoy playing their now and again. I just have no desire to go through your membership requirements.
While I understand why your requiring them, it's a very long and time consuming process. I've also been around enough to know what is considered good RP for one, may not be for another so what is the standard? Will there be one standard for the lovely victems and another for the Doms?
My suggestion is either go to a "pay for play" system or set up a minimum standard of role play that must be must to be considered acceptable.
You din't read the requirements but are sure that you don't meet them ...
ReplyDeleteAdam: I'm not aware of membership being such a long and time consuming process- certainly not like other 'certification' processes I've been through. Could you explain, please, what you find so onerous about it? I'd like to make sure we're all on the same page and see if there isn't someplace where we can improve. The point of the new rules- which are actually a return to original rules- is to weed out some of the truly awful visitors we've been plagued with over the past couple months.
ReplyDeleteI have, like Adam, been an occasional participant. I've enjoyed myself there, and I believe everyone I've interacted with has enjoyed the exchange.
ReplyDeleteI'm also feeling some trepidation about the new/old rules, but intend to see how it plays out.
As an articulate and creative dom, it isn't as if there are no other options. I think GnS is a fine place to play, but I'm only willing to jump through so many hoops.
Oddly, there aren't really any hoops to speak of. You must be able to rp well, have an avatar that has at least a moderately realistic and appropriate appearance and otherwise follow the rules. If it is a sub you must also be willing to assist in the sim. If the process has escaped you so far, it's because we haven't had the opportunity to get to know you enough.
ReplyDeleteActually, Renard, as an articulate and creative dom I find there aren't a lot of quality options out there. So when I find a good one, I hang on to it and do what I can to keep the bar of it high. Adding to what Mali said, there aren't going to be a lot of hoops to jump through, it's just going to take some patience to get the opportunity to jump. When I first came upon GnS, I hated being stuck in the old waiting rooms until someone let me in. But I persisted, proved myself, and became a member. It was then I saw the value of the restrictive entry, if nothing else as a screen against the truly awful visitors we've been having to deal with of late. Anyhow, hope you and Adam stick with us and I see you down in there sometime- I could use some backup with a few truly insubordinate member captives down there. :D
ReplyDeleteYes, i am in agreement too. It´s definitely worth the few efforts. I am very thrilled and deeply affected by the quality-sessions i did with the club-members there.
ReplyDeleteand...to those creative and talented doms out there...just a quick IM to the person you've just played with, saying that you're interested in membership (short and sweet, nothing harassing) would act as a great reminder for us to recommend you to membership.
ReplyDeleteAlso, can I ask, do captives have authority to let visitors play together if no other members are around?
ReplyDeleteSome of captives and assistants have this right.
ReplyDeleteAll staff, if you see someone that has good rp skills and their avatar isn't horrible, please notecard their rp with you or what you observe and send it on to me. We can't always be in the sim to see it and it isn't our intention to keep people from being promoted where it is warranted.
ReplyDeleteI've also been slowly adding more staff to the staff group so you can see what is going on as well as make your recommendations there.
Thanks, all, for the responses. I'm in and out of SL on an irregular schedule, but you've persuaded me to make the effort when I get an opportunity.
ReplyDeleteSo any person who becomes a club member, works for the sim in-character too? . So it would mean the club members are supportive of the behaviour of the dominants (in-character). And people can no longer play, "i was kidnapped and held here and i hate this sick place" ?
ReplyDeletedunno why all this drama when all rules are only in three points:
ReplyDelete1 try to keep RP going and do not make any RL crap
2 try to make your avi at least decent looking
3 wardens are always right
that is all.. it is not too much by any standard
No, Joseph staff can and do still rp being disobedient, but also assist with the sim as needed.
ReplyDelete