Hello, group!
Here is a short preamble for a start.
Currently we have many newcomers rushing from the helicopter landing pad right into the mansion without them paying any attention to the rules and the titler every day.
Often they say it is our own fault that we have to tell them about the rules and titler when they are already inside.
Moreover, such cases eat up a lot of time and are considered as being rude and lacking some politeness because there is no OOC area for the newcomers and it's not every time we smile and say "Please" during the notifying.
Indeed, with so many casual newcomers totally ignoring the rules it's hard to prevent oneself from being rude sometimes.
Also there is a major cages relocation planned for captives to awake inside.
Thus we have planned to change the landing area into an OOC skybox area.
It's going to be logically styled and themed to look like a helicopter interior for passengers with an intelligent teleporter inside.
The cabin is going to be well illustrated and filled with most required well drawn posters like these:
- "Please get the rules here and read your questions explained there!"
- "Please get the titler here and wear it as your access key before teleporting!"
- "We have to pay L$32000 each moth for the region, consider donations please."
A unwary newcomer will probably overlook the huge posters and hop on the teleporter immediately, but the wise teleporter will pop up the menu with the corresponding message there saying the same "Please get the titler here and wear it as your access key before teleporting!" with buttons "Get Titler" and "Try Again".
The newcomer will most likely pay the attention and wear the titler and then try to teleport again. An OOC guest and IC top role players (Visitors, Clients, Wardens) will be teleported to a normal IC landing area with a local chat message saying "Welcome to Glass'n'Stone House", and IC bottom role players (Preys, Captives) will be teleported into cages with a local chat message saying "You awake in a dull dark dirty cage somewhere underground...". The cages themselves will be relocated into underground area beneath the floor with access elevators and passages.
The stuff packages and landmarks will be available from the same terminals as they are now with additional dispensers inside the helicopter.
There will be security cameras installed inside the helicopter for wardens and assistants to watch through the reception desk notebook for those inside the helicopter who are still in doubts what should they do.
The far sit hack is strongly prohibited still and will remain there unchanged.
What do you people think about these planned modifications?
Would someone like to paint and draw the textures and posters?
Leave any comments you like for a discussion, thank you!
7/13/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a plan to me. If I think of any other ways there may be improvements, I'll post them. Sounds like you have it all covered, though
ReplyDelete/me nods with approval. The GnS ship seems to be in good hands with Captain Koichi at the wheel these days.
ReplyDeleteAh, thank you, gentlemen!
ReplyDeleteThe idea has been developed together with Iezious Guisse just recently.
And we might still need some great catch phrases for posters and someone to get those posters painted professionally along with the textures.
Though I can just give it a try myself if there is nobody else with experience in those fields of creativity.
/me waves a hand airily "More of an idea man, myself.... Hey! How 'bout a poster that reads 'Got Titler?'?"
ReplyDeleteIn all seriousness, I think the teleporter that won't tp without a titler will solve most of the trouble. I also think we should consider going back to the (for me) old days when visitors had to be shown into the main club by members. As a visitor I was sometimes frustrated by one or two (just one, really) top members who ignored me and left me waiting. But it made me really want to get in and find out what GnS was about. And then, once in, I wanted to work hard to get to be a member so I wasn't dependent on others opening the door for me.
I'm glad to hear Iezious is still involved with GnS. Three GnS center pieces haven't been showing themselves nearly as often as they used to for weeks now. I've been getting worried they were abandoning the place. I'm going to start an RL Hunt for Shani in the near future.
Dunnagh, "Got Titler??" is that same poster saying "Please get the titler here and wear it as your access key before teleporting!" only shorter. Isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI also remember those days when club guests must have been introduced by club members in order to proceed and I am curious to know what Iezious Guisse says on that. Probably we should promote more guests into members to have enough inside first. Currently we have the island full of guests with no members around too often.
Actually, I guess I should not be talking for Iezious and Shani and Ashika here. I can just say my own opinion that our club urgently needs more of experienced roleplaying members and more of stable donations. I believe the new landing area will only help if we make it right.
"Got Titler" is a play on a US ad campaign to bluntly remind people to put it on before coming in. I had suggested returning to an invite system when we were getting a flood of terrible rp'ers who had no interest in improving and flat-out rude jerks that were pissing the good people off. Of late we've had very well mannered visitors, so perhaps we can hold off on the invite system for now. I agree we need to make more members- we've had some great guests putting the time in and rp'ing wonderfully. Finally, as a warden on a tight budget, I again ask that you 'suggest' appropriate donation amounts. Thanks!
ReplyDeletei assumed, when i first came their, i couldn't go through the door without the "Titler". Guess i was wrong an was wondering how so many were there without one.
ReplyDeletei do know of many place you can't enter unless in the group or wearing the meter and/or a observer tag.
so am sure the Teleporter cound be set so only "Titler" wearers could tp.
a thought and for newbees and memebers, might be put a invisiable prim around the current Helo Pad, with text saying what to do on it, and of oourse it being scripted to stop non "Title" wears from getting through. would help with use less prims and be less lag.
also often the signs and thingy people where get and setup their "Titler" doesn't rezz right away.
just a thought and newbees could at least see some of the area when they tp directly to the current Helo Pad, if it stays where it's been.
Dunnagh Scarmon, I guess both posters are worth of being there in the OOC area. The shortest one saying "Got Titler?" will briefly remind while the longest one will widely inform.
ReplyDeleteAbout the suggested appropriate donation amounts I would say that we could cover the region rent price of L$32000 per month if we have 80 regular club members who donate L$100 every week each, which seems to be fair enough, at least I am trying to stick to that, because I can hardly afford more that that currently myself.
Chani Dabney, thank you for letting us know your story, though I am wondering what might be your SecondLife avatar name.
I can see your idea is related to the location of the OOC area mostly and the idea has its reasons, indeed. Thank you for it and let us see what Iezious Guisse will answer to that.
But I can see there are some troubles with that implementation and I will briefly explain two of them.
First, if we use some blocking invisible prim which unblocks for those who have the "Titler" attached, then we might end up with newcomers waiting for that opening to rush through instead of taking care of their own "Titler". But a wise teleporter uses a single moving primitive for each passenger and there is no way two avatars can sit on the same primitive at once. Thus untitled newcomers won't be able to pass into the zone on a titled player's tail.
Second, if we put the OOC area too low with the mansion visible, we will end up with a lot of "Far Sit" cheaters just because they will be able to see how close are the primitives of the IC zone. But if we put the OOC area up high into a skybox and arrange some screenshots up there, then newcomers will be able to see what is waiting for them "somewhere" down there.
Of course we have to explain and illustrate everything through the posters and put some security cameras into the OOC area to meet our goals.
Though, in theory, we can make the OOC area semitransparent and put it low above the landing pad and try it that way, then we can always move it up high into the sky if we have too many violators, just because it's gonna be a helicopter.
POSTED BY: Becka Blaylock
ReplyDeleteI was asked to post my concerns here so that they would be available for every one to read.
The Skybox idea seems to be a good one. Having an OOC entry point that limits people entering without a titler will certainly limit the OOC conversation in the sim and allow for more RP.
However, the rules changes that were sent out today(7/17/10) do cause me concern.
"Also we changed the rules :
From now all preys will be teleported to the our new jail, and should stay in the cages all the time thay are not busy.
Also from now loafing in the zone is strongly prohibited."
This honestly make this sim no different than any of the many other prison sims that are scattered around SL. One of the great things about this place is the interaction. Being expected to remain caged until we are grabbed up and used isn't interesting...it isn't different.
I came to the sim earlier today and with the changes that were in place I couldn't even get in the mood to RP with someone I know to be a good RPer and finally just gave up and left. I returned just a few minutes ago and while I am playing I just can't get into the feel of it. Its just not GnS to me and if this expectation of us remaining in the cages is the new standard I really don't think I am going to enjoy playing here anymore.
I am not trying to whine or complain...just stating how it comes across to me.
we can continue in the next post
ReplyDelete